KB3176929 new update for Windows 10 Build 14393.
Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Build 14393 cumulative update (KB3176929) for insider builds only a few hours before releasing the Anniversary Update to retail users.
Windows 10 cumulative update pushes Windows 10 to version 14393.10 and brings only fixes and performance improvements.
Microsoft is delivering the last updates before the Anniversary Update is released today. This new update is the last attempt to refine experience with the Anniversary Update and correct bugs found in the previous builds.
- Improved reliability of background tasks and extensions for Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed licensing issue that prevents apps from activating.
- Addressed issue that prevents changing display orientation after attaching a keyboard dock.
- Addressed issue with scheduled update scans that are delayed during Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue that sometimes prevent Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) apps from receiving keyboard input.
- Addressed issue with event logging that creates very large virtual allocations.
- Addressed issues that cause high battery drain when a Windows 10 Mobile device is idle or the screen is off.
- Addressed additional issues with Cortana, Microsoft Query and Microsoft Excel compatibility, and the Korean Input Method Editor (IME).
This update includes improvements and fixes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1607. The package size for the x86 version is 24 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 36 MB.