KB3208177 Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2016 SP1.
This article describes cumulative update package 1 (build number: 13.0.4411.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This update contains fixes that were released after the release of SQL Server 2016 SP1.
Cumulative updates (CU) are now available at the Microsoft Download Center. Only the most recent CU that was released for SQL Server 2016 SP1 is available at the Download Center.
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version/Service Pack of SQL Server.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available:
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs, and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Just as for SQL Server service packs, we recommend that you test CUs before you deploy them to production environments.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server installation to the latest SQL Server 2016 service pack .